DO YOU HAVE THE ABILITY TO MANAGE FREIGHT BETTER?
The client is a global health products company with several businesses. It employed a 3rd party logistics service provider to manage distribution in Canada.
As a result of a major acquisition, the company re-assessed its approach to transportation management. To become a more active manager, it needed better tools and information. The client decided to examine several areas to enable in-sourcing and strengthening of the transportation function.
SCS was asked to support the in-sourcing of transportation management. We:
- Analyzed transportation service failures to determine root causes and potential solutions.
- Updated the client’s carrier database.
- Screened potential carriers to identify a set of feasible alternatives for each region.
SCS provided the new transportation management team with:
- A set of solutions to minimize service failures
- Validated, clear information on carriers
- Guidance on application of the results to their freight management process.
Based on our work, the client was able to:
- Reduce service failures and regain lost credibility with customers.
- Enter into negotiations with carriers on key lanes.
- Reduce freight spend and improve service levels.