SCS has done substantial work with manufacturers and distributors of electronics, appliances, home furnishings and other big ticket categories. We understand the challenges that these companies face, including offshore sourcing, lead time management and vulnerability to fuel costs.
All of SCS’ work is to build capability, avoid lost sales and minimize total costs.
Some examples of our work with big ticket businesses are:
- Supply network optimization
- DC site selection and modification
- DC consolidation
- DC capacity and operations improvement
- Order management process improvement
- Customer collaboration and compliance
- Improving forecast accuracy and inventory management
SCS consultants have direct experience on both the supplier and the retailer sides of this category. This gives us unique insight into the challenges and possibilities of customer collaboration and customer satisfaction in this fast-paced, competitive category.